- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
1. Mix minced onion, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, dried minced garlic, and oregano in a bowl (use mortar and pestle, if possible).
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
3. Return ground beef to heat. Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes.