- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme plus 2 teaspoons minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary plus 1 teaspoon minced
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms cut- side down and cook, undisturbed, until starting to brown around edges, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in shallot and 1 teaspoon oil and continue to cook, undisturbed, until mushrooms brown on second side and shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, thyme, rosemary, and lemon juice and remove skillet from heat; season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place thyme and rosemary sprigs in empty 1 quart Mason jar (or other container with tightly sealing lid). Transfer contents of pan into jar; add remaining oil, seal jar, and shake to combine. Cool to room temperature before serving. Marinated mushrooms can be refrigerated in jar for up to 7 days.