- Beef Hot Dog, preferably Nathans.
- American Cheese
- Onion, chopped
- Hot Dog bun
- Toothpicks, round
- Prepare deep fryer at 350-375 degrees.
- Slit hot dog lengthwise, but not completely through, spread open and put strips (1 slice, sliced ⅜” wide) of American cheese, completely filling the hot dog lengthwise.
- Place end of bacon slice on the end of the hot dog, secure with toothpick. Spirally wrap bacon down the entire length of the hot dog. Secure loose end with another toothpick.
- Deep fry until cheese stops frothing or until bacon is crispy.
- Prepare bun with mustard and mayonnaise, cover with chopped onions.
- Place hot dog on onions.
- Eat and Enjoy!